Wallace & Wallace Lawyers is a progressive mid sized firm of approximately 15 – 20 solicitors (including partners) and a total staff complement of approximately 40.
The firm supports CPD and further study to assist career development and involvement with associated industry organisations is encouraged. Available positions offer the successful candidates a genuine opportunity for career advancement.
Current positions available include:
This is an opportunity for an experienced motivated person to join our professional team. The role is full time with office hours being from 8.30am to 5.00pm. On the job training is provided in our systems and processes using cutting edge technology.
Working as part of a small team, the ideal candidate will initially provide support across all aspects of legal support duties including:
- answering and managing incoming telephone calls;
- diary management;
- typing from dictation;
- liaison with both internal staff and external clients;
- preparation of documents and correspondence;
- file management; and
- general administrative support.
Previous experience in a legal environment will be highly regarded.
You will be highly organised and capable of managing multiple tasks with a calm and ‘can do’ attitude, with strong communication skills and excellent attention to detail. You will have the confidence to work autonomously, whilst thriving in a team environment and always be willing to proactively assist others within the team.
The successful applicant will possess:
- Competency in the use of MS Office, particularly Word.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage work priorities & multi-task.
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Professional presentation.
- Ability to develop positive work relationships with staff and clients.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, willing to learn and able to demonstrate initiative and flexibility.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
The Office Manager
Wallace & Wallace Lawyers
PO Box 733
MACKAY QLD 4740
We invite law students in their final two years of their law degree to apply for a one week clerkship at our firm during summer or winter break. Applicants who have a particular interest in seeking full-time work at the firm as a graduate when they finish their law degree or who wish to start working full-time while finishing their degree externally are particularly encouraged to apply.
We are a mid sized firm of 17 professional staff and a total staff of approximately 40. The firm is highly regarded having been established nearly 50 years ago. The firm comprises teams of lawyers practising in the following fields:-
- commercial and property law;
- personal injury law;
- family law;
- commercial litigation;
- criminal law.
This opportunity will enable you to work with all members of each team, including Accredited Specialist Partners.
The firm encourages applications from graduates who:-
- have a connection with Mackay or similar regional area or a real desire to live and work in Mackay;
- are looking to develop and progress their career and are willing to relocate to and remain in Mackay in the long term; and
- have good interpersonal skills and a positive attitude.
When forwarding your application you should include your resume, academic transcript and details of your higher school education including OP rank. Your covering letter should particularly address why your experiences and personality would enable you to successfully establish yourself in Mackay and also advise the dates you are available to work over either or both the summer and/or winter breaks and whether you have a field of law in which you have a particular interest.