Motor Vehicle Accident Claims

If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident in Queensland, whether it was as a car or truck driver, motorcycle rider, passenger, cyclist, pedestrian or public transport passenger you may be entitled to make a claim for compensation.

How we help you…

Initial consult transparent


we provide a free
no obligation initial consultation

dollar sign


if your claim is unsuccessful
you won’t pay our fees

Image of a house


if you are unable to attend our offices
we can organise an in-home visit

What makes us different?

  • Our lawyers take the time to understand your challenges.
  • Our lawyers provide hands on personalised service.
  • You will never be treated as just another number.
  • Our lawyers are experts in compensation law.
  • You will always be informed of your rights.
  • We are long established local Mackay lawyers.

claim your

(07) 4963 2000


What’s involved?

How do I make a claim if I have been injured in a motor vehicle accident in Queeensland?

You should record the registration number of the vehicle that caused the crash and exchange details with the parties involved. It is important that the motor vehicle accident is reported to the Queensland police and that a Queensland Police Report is completed. A Notice of Accident Claim Form needs to be completed and lodged with the relevant CTP insurer. It is important that the Notice of Accident Claim Form is completed correctly and we can assist you with this.

Am I eligible to make a claim?

If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident (either a vehicle or a bicycle) as a driver or passenger due to the fault of another person who is insured under a CTP insurance policy, then you may make a claim under the Queensland legislation. Contact our office for your free consultation to find out whether or not you are eligible to make a claim.

What is Compulsory Third Party Insurance?

CTP insurance is compulsory for all drivers in Queensland.  As long as your vehicle is registered, your Queensland CTP insurance will cover you for any injuries caused to other road users if you are at fault for a motor vehicle accident anywhere in Australia.

Are there any time limits for making a motor vehicle accident claim in Queensland?

The Notice of Accident Claim Form must be given to the relevant insurer within three months if it is a Nominal Defendant claim, otherwise within nine months of the accident occurring. If you consult a solicitor, the form must be given within one month of the first consultation with your solicitor. These are strict time limits and it is important that you understand them.

How much will it cost?

Our firm acts on a “no win no fee” basis so you do not need to pay any legal fees until the successful completion of your claim. Contact our office to discuss our “no win no fee” arrangement.

How does the claim process work?

Mobile phone


Our expert team are here to listen.

Initial consult transparent


There is no cost for us to listen to your story and assess your case.

three people sitting around a table negotiating


We will run the matter for you and keep you well informed along the way.

Signing document


Payment is made if successful.

start your claim for compensation today

(07) 4963 2000




Frequently Asked Questions:

How long will a motor vehicle accident claim take to resolve?

The time frame varies for each particular claim, depending on the injuries sustained and whether or not liability has been admitted by the other side. You can talk to us further about an expected time frame specific to your circumstances.

Who will pay my compensation if I take legal action?

Notice of Accident Claim Forms are lodged with the relevant insurer of the driver of the at fault vehicle. This means that it is the insurance company that will pay for your compensation, not the other driver.

How much can I claim for my injuries following a motor vehicle accident?

Compensation for injuries is called “General Damages” for pain and suffering and is determined with reference to the Civil Liability Regulations 2014 (Qld).

What is the National Injury Insurance Scheme?

The National Injury Insurance Scheme (“NIIS”) is a scheme set up to ensure that people who suffer serious injuries as a result of a motor vehicle accident in Queensland receive necessary and reasonable treatment, care and support regardless of fault. Such injuries include certain types of spinal cord injury, certain types of traumatic brain injury, certain amputations, full thickness burns and permanent blindness caused by trauma.

Can I represent myself when making a motor vehicle accident compensation claim?

We recommend you speak with one of our experienced solicitors to fully benefit from your claim and to understand how the claims process works.

Am I eligible for future paid care?

If you were injured in a motor vehicle accident and are no longer able to complete personal care tasks, household tasks or gardening/mowing as a result of your injury, you are entitled to claim the costs of hiring someone to provide this assistance. It is important that all receipts for such services are kept as these will be required to prove any past payments for assistance.