- Brisbane (by appointment)
- Bachelor of Laws
- Justice of the Peace (Qualified)
Memberships and Associations:
- Member of the Queensland Law Society
- Member of the Mackay District Law Association
- Member of the North Queensland Law Association (past President, current committee member and life member)
- Independent Director and Governance Chairperson for Rugby League Mackay & District Ltd.
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland (2004)
- Solicitor of the High Court of Australia (2004)
I have been predominately focused on Business and Property Law since 2005 after completing my articles across all general areas of legal practice.
I have a strong focus on developing relationships with my clients to better understand their business to ensure I can deliver outcomes for my clients that are best suited to their individual circumstances. I understand that each and every client and matter is different and do not subscribe to a “one size fits all” approach to legal practice.
Having worked in-house in private enterprise and local government I have developed a greater understanding of how to tailor legal advice to fit the practicalities of day to day business and enjoy assisting clients achieve their business goals.
I have a particular focus on clients and matters involved in the mining industry; acting for large international mining companies, businesses that service the mining industry and landowners impacted by the mining industry.
In addition to the above I practice daily in all aspects of commercial law including but not limited to business structuring advice, leases (both commercial and retail), business sales and acquisitions and agribusiness matters.
When I’m not at work I am spending time with my three boys who keep me very busy with their sporting interests.
I also enjoy giving back to the community and sit on the Board of Directors for the local rugby league and have been involved with the North Queensland Law Association for over 10 years.