- Brisbane (by appointment)
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Arts
Memberships and Associations:
- Queensland Law Society Family Law Specialist Accreditation Advisory Committee member
- St Francis Xavier Mackay School Board member
- Volunteer at Mackay Community Legal Centre (2003 to current)
- Family Law Practitioners Association of Queensland member
- Law Council Australia – Family Law Section member
- Mackay District Law Association member
- North Queensland Law Association member
- Past President of Mackay Community Visitors Association (2007-2009)
- Past President of Mackay Junior Chamber International (2005)
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland – admitted 2005
- Solicitor of the High Court of Australia – admitted 2005
I am passionate and enthusiastic about being a Family Lawyer. What makes my work interesting and rewarding is:-
- listening to clients explaining an often emotionally overwhelming and complex problem that they cannot resolve by themselves. The more complex the case the more interesting it is!
- helping clients unravel the complexity of their situation and explaining the application of the law in their case. Explanations are important to me so clients really understand why the law will result in a particular outcome in their case.
- developing and then implementing an individualised strategy about how to resolve their problem. Strategies vary and can include:-
- filing court proceedings;
- negotiating an outcome through correspondence, and mediation;
- providing skills to allow clients to negotiate their own settlements.
- getting to the end of a case and a person’s problem has been resolved and there is some finality.
While the variety in my work is part of what makes it interesting, over the last 15 years I have developed a particular interest in complex property settlements particularly those with businesses, farming and grazing businesses or complex corporate structures.
Away from work, I enjoy spending time with my wife and three kids, cooking for a crowd and getting outside gardening and landscaping.
- Spousal maintenance and managing
your finances post separation Managing your finances post separation may feel daunting but it is important that you assess them before making an Application for Spousal Maintenance. read more
- COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
and Co-Parenting With children out of school and out of routine, many separated parents are questioning how the COVID-19 pandemic will affect their parenting arrangements. read more
“We wanted to pass on our most sincere heartfelt thanks for the excellent work and tremendous support over the last 2 years. Though it was a very exhaustive and emotional time for us you always made it as painless as possible with friendly faces and a welcoming vibe in the office. A special thank you to James and his team for all of their work and support throughout the trial. We would without hesitation highly recommend Wallace & Wallace. We appreciate the time and effort put in by ALL of the team.”
Simon & Bernadette
“Was very happy with the service they gave me, especially when things got a little tough for me and upsetting. James and the staff were very compassionate, considerate and understanding, they helped me through the upsetting times. I felt very confident and comfortable with their services. I would not hesitate at all in recommending these guys to a friend or family member.”