- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Arts
- Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice
Memberships and Associations:
- Member of the Queensland Law Society
- Member of the Mackay District Law Association
- Member of the North Queensland Law Association
- Member of the Family Law Practitioners Association of Queensland
- Member of the Law Council Australia – Family Law Association
- Member of the Women Lawyers Association of Queensland and Australian Women Lawyers Limited
- Member of the Queensland Family Law Pathways Network (Mackay-Whitsunday)
- Volunteer at Mackay Community Legal Centre
- Volunteer at Women’s Legal Service Queensland
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland
- Solicitor of the High Court of Australia
I have practiced in family law for over 8 years, across a range of property settlement, parenting and domestic violence matters.
A family lawyer’s role is unique and we have to remember that we are guiding people through what is often the most stressful and daunting time of their lives. It is therefore important to ensure that our professional relationship with clients also includes elements of both compassion and empathy.
Although I enjoy the advocacy work that comes with courtroom litigation, I have keen interest in mediation and assisting clients to try and ensure that their matters are resolved as efficiently as possible and without the need to resort to litigation, wherever possible.
No client circumstances are ever the same and I am passionate about using my experience to ensure that clients feel seen, heard and properly supported throughout the family law system. We have good working relationships with other professionals such as accountants, mortgage brokers and counsellors which means that we offer a holistic approach to clients in relation to their particular matter.
Outside of law-land, I enjoy keeping fit (particularly strength training), spending time with my children and getting outdoors as much as possible. I am the president of my children’s daycare Management Committee and also a member of the Mackay Community Visitors Association.
- Spousal maintenance and managing
your finances post separation Managing your finances post separation may feel daunting but it is important that you assess them before making an Application for Spousal Maintenance. read more
- COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
and Co-Parenting With children out of school and out of routine, many separated parents are questioning how the COVID-19 pandemic will affect their parenting arrangements. read more